2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity
If you want a powerful work truck with tons of towing and plenty of engine power, the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD is the vehicle for you! This is a top-tier truck that’s got two main engine configurations, each with its own unique set of stats. Read on and learn more about the Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity with your partners in Chevy, Serra Chevrolet Akron. We’ll even help you finance the truck of your dreams with our convenient in-house financing options.
Chevy Silverado 2500 Engines
The Silverado 2500 towing capacity varies based on which engine you pick. With the standard 6.6L V8 gas engine, you’ll get Chevy’s much-renowned engine prowess. However, with the 6.6L V8 Turbo-Diesel, you can max out with the Chevy Silverado 2500 diesel towing capacity of 18,500 pounds. Which engine is perfect for your needs in Barberton and Massillon? It really depends on what you need out of your towing jobs. See the full list of specs for yourself here:
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity: 6.6L V8 Gas Engine:
- Maximum towing capacity of 14,500 pounds when you choose the 2022 Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab Long Bed 2WD with 17-inch wheels and available fifth-wheel or gooseneck hitch. With a gooseneck trailer attached, the gas model can tow up to 17,370 pounds.
- Engine performance: 401 hp and 464 lb-ft of torque
- 0-60 mph in 7.5 sec
- Six-speed automatic transmission
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity: Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 Engine:
- Provides a maximum towing capacity of 18,500 pounds on properly equipped configurations (Crew cabs only)
- Engine performance: 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque.
- 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds
- The available Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission allows the Silverado 2500 to tow its full capacity in first gear!
Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Features
If you’re looking to get your tow on, you don’t just need a high towing capacity. You also need the tech to get the job done. The Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity comes from both brains and brawn. You’ve got customizable trailer profiles and more to work with, making for easy tows through North Canton. See for yourself here:
Customizable trailer profiles:
- Trailer maintenance reminders
- Trailer security alerts
- Trailer mileage
- Tow/haul reminder
- Trailer electrical diagnostics
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring alert
- Pre-departure checklist
Other tow-friendly options include:
- Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control and Proactive Rollover Avoidance
- Auto Park Brake Assist
- New Park Grade Hold Assist
Find Your Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity at Serra Chevrolet Akron
If you’re looking to get the most out of your towing, it’s time to come on over to Akron and have a chat with someone from our sales team. We’ve got excellent customer service and we also have in-house financing to make the job of buying your vehicle that much easier. Apply for financing today to get started!
More from Serra Chevrolet Akron
If you want a powerful work truck with tons of towing and plenty of engine power, the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD is the vehicle for you! This is a top-tier truck that’s got two main engine configurations, each with its own unique set of stats. Read on and learn more about the Chevy Silverado…
When you need an SUV that can do it all, the Chevy Traverse deserves serious consideration. This well-rounded SUV offers robust capabilities and refined elements to meet the needs of your Barberton lifestyle. If that lifestyle includes hauling heavy-duty work equipment or trailering the boat out to the lake, you might be curious about…
The Electric Chevy Silverado will soon be arriving in the Serra Chevrolet Akron showroom in Akron, and we are getting a lot of questions about the Chevy Silverado Electric range. More and more information keeps coming in from Chevrolet, and here we reveal what we know so far. Learn more about the Silverado Electric truck range, and…