2021 Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity
Choosing a 2021 Chevy Silverado means getting an exceptional amount of towing and payload. The Chevy Silverado towing capacity reaches 13,300 pounds, while the Chevy Silverado 1500 payload has a 2,280 maximum. With its hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and a series of towing features, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity numbers aren’t just high, they’re backed by construction that enhances the towing experience. Take a closer look at how the Chevy Silverado towing capacity and the Silverado 1500 payload capacity, then get ready to haul everything you need in Barberton.
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity Per Engine
Five engine options are at the base of the Chevy Silverado towing capacity. Here’s a look at how they compare:
4.3L V6 Engine (Standard Silverado 1500 engine)
- 285 hp
- Best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity of 7,900 pounds
2.7L Turbo Engine
- 310 hp
- 348 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds
5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management
- 355 hp
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity of up to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
6.2L V8 Engine
- 420 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity of 13,300 pounds on the RST trim
3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel
- 277 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity of 9,500 pounds
Chevy Silverado Towing Features
The Chevy Silverado 1500 was built to work, so it only makes sense that it offers plenty of features to make towing and hauling the Chevy Silverado 1500 payload easier. Some of those features are:
- Trailering Package: Standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500, this package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This package is available for selected configurations and adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Our parts department offers accessories like Chevy Silverado tow mirrors and more, so you can customize your Silverado for how you tow in North Canton.
Experience the 2021 Chevy Silverado at Serra Chevrolet Akron
No matter what your Akron towing needs are, there’s a new Chevy truck to help! Contact Serra Chevrolet Akron to schedule a test drive and discover which Chevy Silverado 1500 payload capacity and towing ability is right for you.
Learn More at Serra Chevrolet Akron
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds. What’s more, it has a payload of up to 2,280 pounds. Equipped with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and a multitude of powerful towing features, the Chevy Silverado is one of the most capable light-duty pickup trucks available to Barberton drivers….
Are you in the market for an opulent, powerful, and efficient SUV? If so, the new Chevy Trailblazer is the perfect model for your commute from North Canton to Massillon. Whether you want a subtle white Chevy Trailblazer or you prefer to stand out with a bold two-tone option, you can find the right 2022 Chevy…
When you’re looking for a pickup truck that can add power and confidence to your daily travels and weekend adventures, only a new Chevy Silverado 1500 will suffice. While this beast is capable of taking over the North Canton job site and ruling the backroads or Massillon, each trim offers unique benefits. Today, you can explore…