2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds. What’s more, it has a payload of up to 2,280 pounds. Equipped with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and a multitude of powerful towing features, the Chevy Silverado is one of the most capable light-duty pickup trucks available to Barberton drivers. You’ll also get a wide variety of additional features, such as Chevy Silverado towing mirrors. Read on for more information about the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and available towing features.
Towing Capacity of Silverado 1500 Engines
The powerful performance of the Chevy Silverado 1500 engines is what gives this light-duty pickup truck its capability:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: With this engine, the Silverado 1500 generates 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds. This is the standard engine.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: Turbo power translates to 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This engine allows the Silverado 1500 to tow up to 9,600 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: With this optional engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 generates 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity achieves 11,500 pounds (the same engine with active fuel management can tow up to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: The diesel powertrain allows drivers to tow as much as 9,500 pounds. You can also expect up to 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on Massillon roads.
Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The Chevy Silverado 1500 was designed to work hard, so it’s not surprising that in addition to its powerful engines, it includes plenty of tow-ready features. Here are a few highlights:
- Trailering Package: The Chevy Silverado 1500 offers this package as standard, and includes a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package to select trims, and features revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Extended-view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks can be added to make it easier to hitch trailers and keep tabs on cargo.
Explore the Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity at Serra Chevrolet Akron
Do you have more questions about the Chevy Silverado towing capacity? Contact us online or give us a call at 330-752-1966 to schedule a test drive. Get behind the wheel of one of the Silverado 1500 trim levels at Serra Chevrolet Akron. Don’t forget to check out our current offers and incentives on new Chevy trucks!
More from Serra Chevrolet Akron
While the 2022 Chevrolet Colorado is technically a mid-size pickup, this beast offers performance on par with some of the biggest trucks around. For 2022, the Chevy Colorado towing capacity reaches a formidable 7,000 pounds*. That’s more than enough muscle to help you take on work projects in Barberton and weekend adventures in Massillon. If…
Whether you’re running a business or a household, keeping on budget is key. So, you may find yourself asking “How much is the Chevy Silverado?” if you’re looking for a pickup truck upgrade. Depending on the trim level and configuration you select, the Chevy Silverado price can range quite a bit. Whether you select…
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds. What’s more, it has a payload of up to 2,280 pounds. Equipped with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and a multitude of powerful towing features, the Chevy Silverado is one of the most capable light-duty pickup trucks available to Barberton drivers….